Saturday, April 28, 2012

Global Warming and flat Earthers - Yuma Sun

I would like to give my take on former Vice President Albert Gore and what he calls “global warming” and I’ll even tie it together with President Obama’s popular phrase “flat Earthers.”

First, let me explain my early school years in Manilla, Ind. Our school house was home to grades 1 through 12 and there were maybe a total of 180 students in the entire school. The school had a very limited budget, as you might have guessed, so classroom supplies were very rarely replaced.

Now, to my light-hearted look at President Obama’s accusations of some believing the Earth is flat. Well, let me tell you, President Obama, when I was in Mrs. Carmony’s second grade room, she had these maps that she could pull down from somewhere up near the ceiling.

She would pull down a real pretty, colorful map of the world and guess what? That map showed the entire world as flat and it showed all the countries in different colors. Every time Mrs. Carmony pulled that map out of the ceiling, sure enough it was flat. So as a one of 16 young second-graders, I learned then and there that the Earth was indeed flat and very colorful, I might add.  

Now, as for global warming and my attempt to prove Gore is all worked up over nothing, you see on those flat and colorful maps the 16 members of my class learned on at Manilla School back in the early 1960s, I noticed a few things remained constant with the map.

America always was yellow in color, Russia was red, the oceans were of course blue and guess what color Greenland, Iceland, and both the North and South Poles are? They have always been white. Why white? Because white is the same color as the snow and ice and snow and ice are always cold and the white area is really, really big. Not to worry, Al, global warming is all in your head. So if you would just quit yapping so much, I think one man’s global warming is another man’s hot air.

One last thing. I really don’t think Gore and Obama should doubt me on this because I went to Manilla School and I graduated in the top 15 of my class.

Gregory Gardner
Yuma

No comments:

Post a Comment