Saturday, September 15, 2012

Letting LaMalfa's lies lie (5) - Record-Searchlight (blog)

I realize I am obsessed with this issue. I have known that for over six years. Once I realized this issue will decide what kind of future my children and their children will have, it seemed like a reasonable and worthwhile cause to devote my life to.

What I didn't count on in 2006 was that in 2012 I would still be fighting to prove something that the world's climate scientists officially accepted in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Synthesis Report in 1995. It took LaMalfa less than 24 hours to admit he had made a claim about abortion and cancer that was not supported by established science. So why is the issue of climate change different?

In June of 2012, the Chico Chamber of Commerce sent out questionnaires to District 1 U.S. Representative Candidates "In preparation for the June 5th Primary Election." The chamber "asked all District 1 U.S. Representative Candidates to address some of the top issues impacting local businesses and our community."

Each candidate was asked, "What is your position on California Assembly Bill 32 and the philosophy that the industrial revolution is responsible for global warming?"

Nathan Arrowsmith said, "AB32- BUNK, that is my position. The only global warming caused by man is the hot air from the current administration."

Sam Aanestad said in part, "I adamantly oppose AB 32 and I adamantly oppose the notion and bogus science behind global warming theories. Liberals are using this myth to shut down development and to further their anti-business, anti-growth philosophy."

Gregory Cheadle said, in part, "As with most 'scientific' conclusions, the 'science' behind the industrial revolution being responsible for global warming is inconclusive and undoubtedly suspect given the inherent bias of the sources of funding. Granted, we could do better. But until I see those who trumpet global warming live like the Quakers and Amish, I cannot and will not, give them any credence."

Michael Dacquisto said, in part, "I do not believe there is credible scientific evidence that the industrial revolution is responsible for global warming. This planet, over the millions of years it has existed, has been through many temperature cycle changes. Most of those changes took place thousands of years before man even appeared on the earth. If the temperature of the earth is changing now, we do not know if the long term trend is hotter or colder and we do not know the cause of that change."

Pete Stiglich said, in part, "The cause of global warming in the 1990's is unknown. Same for that of global cooling in the 1970's. It would be pure conjecture and scientifically misleading to conclude the Industrial Revolution is responsible for either global cooling or warming."

Jim Reed said, in part, "I generally support AB 32. California air quality needs to be improved. I am a pilot and am continually discouraged by the smog I fly through in the North State, knowing that the pollutants are bad for our health and these gases are causing...global warming. It is true that air quality problems cannot be solved by local measures, such as those proposed in AB 32, alone as it is a global problem. However, we should do our part and local measures will have the greatest effect locally."

Doug LaMalfa said, in part, "The science regarding man made global warming is mixed at best. The earth was both warmer and colder than current temperatures prior to the industrial revolution. Since Mars is warming also I find it hard to blame mankind for warming across the entire solar system. I do not support returning California or the nation to the Stone Age to test a theory."

No comments:

Post a Comment